Tips for choosing the best coolant for hot weather to stay cool and safe on the road!
As the summer heat is in full swing, it is crucial to ensure that your vehicle is equipped with the best coolant to withstand the scorching temperatures. Coolants play a vital role in maintaining the optimal performance of your car’s engine during hot weather months. By raising the boiling point of water, they effectively prevent overheating and potential damage to your engine. To ensure you choose the right summer coolant, look for one that not only lowers the temperature of your car in extreme heat but also protects against corrosion and does not harm your engine’s seals and gaskets.
By following these guidelines, you can keep your vehicle cool and running smoothly throughout the summer.
What You Should know:
Damage to a vehicle’s cooling unit can cause the engine to overheat and require costly repairs. The use of a quality coolant is intended to properly maintain your vehicle’s cooling system and protect the engine from damage. There are many coolant options out there. So, which one is right for you? The best place to start is the vehicles owner’s manual. Here’s what to look for:
- Temperature Range: Ensure that the coolant you select can effectively regulate the engine’s temperature and prevent any overheating issues.
- Engine Type: By being aware of your engine type and the coolant it is compatible with; you can make an informed decision and avoid purchasing the wrong coolant.
- Product Description: The instructions and different information in the product description confirms that it matches what’s specified in your manual.
DuraMAX offers a variety of antifreeze and coolant products to fit the needs of most vehicles.
Discover the Power of DuraMAX:
- DuraMAX Extended Life Antifreeze and Coolant: The DuraMAX 50/50 Pre-diluted Extended Life Antifreeze formula has a concentrated blend of premium long-lasting inhibitors to offer extended life protection for up to 5 years or 150,000 miles against temperature extremes and the ravages of rust, corrosion, and premature water pump failure when added to any extended life coolant. DuraMAX 50/50 has a freeze-up protection of -34°F and a boil-over protection of 265°F.
- DuraMAX Antifreeze and Coolant – Conventional Green Low Silicate Formula: The DuraMAX 50/50 Pre-diluted Antifreeze made with a low silicate formula is a ready-to-use formula for use in cars, light duty and heavy duty trucks. This pre-diluted low silicate product contains demineralized water to prevent hard water deposits and scale build-up that can occur with the use of ordinary tap water.