Winter is here! With the cold weather season in full swing, extra precautions must be taken to avoid unwanted complications and costly expenses. This includes understanding which products are cold weather compatible.
Check engine lights, tire pressure and battery performance are common complications brought on by the cold but not the only factors you need to keep an eye on. The oil and lubricants you use also have a huge impact on engine components, especially in the winter season. When temperature changes, so should your lubricants. To ensure that your vehicle starts quickly, shifts smoothly, offers general protection against wear, and operates at peak performance, start with a brand that you can trust.
Winter temperatures can affect oil viscosity and cause lubricants to be less effective if not used appropriately. It is important to use products that combat freezing, thickening and operate at high performance. Here are a few products to prepare you this season:
- Synthetic Motor Oils. Synthetic motor oils perform better than conventional oils in cold temperatures and operate efficiently well below -20c. This allows optimal flow through every system.
- Greases. Greeases are key to protecting against friction and wear under pressure. Choosing a grease that is versatile enough to operate under a range of temperatures will ensure performance reliability.
- 50/50 Proportion Coolants. Using a 50/50 mixed solution offers low freezing points, while making sure your engine does not overheat. This is important in cold weather to avoiding expansion of fluid and damage.
DRYDENE Recommended Products
Drydene Commercial products ensure you are maximizing your cold weather protection and performance this winter!
DRYDENE GEARALL® ELITE 75W-140 GL-5: Designed as a multi-functional gear oil for use in a wide range of applications where extended performance from a synthetic fluid is desired. Applications Include:
- Modern passenger cars, SUVs and light trucks
- On-highway medium and heavy-duty trucks, buses and vans
- Off‐highway equipment fitted with hypoid or worm gears operating shock load, high speed/low torque, and/or low/high torque conditions may occur
DRYDENE RETRAPLEX® TOPAZ EP 2 GREASE: Premium heavy duty multi-purpose grease designed for use in medium to moderate load applications where added protection for extreme pressure and high operating temperatures is needed. Product Details Include:
- Optimal extreme pressure and temperature operations, especially disk brake bearings
- High dropping point
- Excellent thermal and shear stability
- Protection against wear and corrosion
- Outstanding year-round performance in both low and high temperatures
- Proprietary inhibitors resist oxidation and leakage