The Hurt Company, part of the southern RelaDyne network, was one of four well-established businesses that merged to form RelaDyne in November 2010. Started in 1958, The Hurt Company was founded in Houston, Texas, by A.J. Hurt Sr., who was joined shortly after by his son, Jack. For more than five decades, the company has been actively involved in marketing and distributing lubricant and fuel products in addition to providing lubrication services throughout the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast.
With Chevron products as its flagship brand, The Hurt Company is one of the largest Chevron lubricant marketers in the US and has received numerous acknowledgements, including an exceptional rating in a recent Chevron Product Integrity Compliance Survey of facilities.
The company’s former President and Chief Executive Office Jay Hurt serves as RelaDyne’s Executive Vice President of Field Reliability Management (FRM) from his base in Houston.
- Industry-specific trained drivers with certifications (Basic Plus and Houston Area Safety Council)
- Multiple supply point capabilities with competitive prices
- Excellent delivery and response with 24/7 capabilities to meet your schedule
- Comprehensive equipment programs
- Fuel reporting and consolidated billing programs
- On-site automated fueling services
- Disposal services for waste streams, including used oil, used antifreeze, oily wastewater, used oil filters, used absorbents, contaminated or waste fuels, and other hazardous waste streams
- One-stop service for both non-hazardous and hazardous waste streams
- Comprehensive education and waste stream prescreening prior to service
- EPA/RCRA/DOT compliance with strict adherence to all environmental regulations
- Clean, tested and permitted equipment, facilities and drivers
- Emergency spill-response and remediation
By joining RelaDyne, The Hurt Company can leverage our experience to develop an even broader array of products and services over an expanded geographic area – creating more value for our customers and helping them increase profitability through comprehensive solutions that drive equipment reliability.Jay Hurt